‘Quality school shoes can help prevent many foot, ankle and lower limb problems in children and adolescents.’
Christmas and New Year has come and gone and it is the final week of school holidays. It’s about this time you remember the duct tape and staples holding last years school shoes together.
Fear not! Your local podiatrist has done the hard work for you and is going to save you hours of traipsing round town trying to find perfect 2017 school shoe. These shoes will be comfortable, durable and of good quality. Don’t be tempted by the $20 pair from Big W or Kmart, they mightn’t last the 1st week of down ball and can cause tired aching feet, knees and hips as a consequence of cheap and flexible material. Quality school shoes can help prevent many foot, ankle and lower limb problems in children and adolescents.When looking for a good quality shoe, be sure to look for the following key features:
- Bend at the toes, not the middle of the shoe
- Firm heel counter
- Thick sole to avoid wearing out
Top 5 pairs for Girls are:
- Ascent Kids Adela (Athletes Foot)
- Indulge (Clarks)
- Daytona (Clarks and Faull’s Footwear)
- Biomechanics Black (Mudge’s shoes)
- Ingrid (Clarks and Bett’s)
Top 5 pairs for Boys are:
- Daytona (Clarks, Faull’s Footwear and Mudge’s shoes)
- Ascent Adiva (Athletes Foot)
- Clarks Infinity (Faull’s footwear and Clarks)
- Ascent Mens Apex (Athletes Foot)
- Biomechanics 101130 Black (Mudge’s shoes)
We hope you start school on the right foot! If you have any questions or queries regarding your children’s feet and/or school shoes you can get in touch, or visit us at one of our clinics.
11 Fenwick St, Geelong: 5222 2358
22 Princes Tce, Jan Juc: 5261 4146
59 Geelong Rd, Bannockburn: 5281 2320
And don’t forget we now have online bookings!